After the million hour flight (well, 20+ to be more exact) we finally arrived in Melbourne. Steve (my coworker that is generously hosting us) picked us up and drove around town to give us a first look at the city. We stopped for a coffee by the beach before heading home: Melbourne is famous for its coffee and it cafes culture, and I have to admit the coffee is delicious here. Both Dave and I realized it's been over a year since we smelled the sea...ahhhh it was wonderful.We arrived at Steve's house, met his family and finally took a very much needed shower. They live about 30 minutes away from downtown, in a very nice neighborhood with lots of nice homes and gardens. As soon as we got out of the car, the smell of eucalyptus enveloped us: it smelled really good contrary to what I was expecting (I don't usually like eucalyptus smell, it's a long story)
We spent the afternoon chatting with Steve, Dave napped and at 6:30 we went for an early dinner at a local nVietnamese restaurant. Delicious! Came back home, watched the Big Bang Theory and by 9:00 pm we crashed and went to bed. Tomorrow we'll spend the day exploring the city.