Got up at 5:45...who the heck could sleep knowing this was departure day!After breakfast the day started full blast: we wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, including cooking some food to freeze, clean the house, and of course, finish packing. I think I changed suitcases 4 times trying to convince myself we really didn't have that much. Well you can see from the picture I was only marginally successful: in our defense, the camping stuff takes up a lot of room!
The day just few by: and yes, I did check my work emails a couple times, but I was super good and didn't hang out on that too long. I did spend a decent amount of time printing out stuff I think we might need: you know, airline and hotel confirmations, maps we might need right in the beginning and such. And I'm glad I did: I realized this morning the printout for one of our flights wasn't the document we would need to check in; it turns out I never received it so I had to call the airline a couple times before it finally came through.
And I had to buy more luggage allowance: we are a bit heavier than we thought and we don't want to get stuck not having enough kg for the flight from Brisbane to Sydney. We are flying with one of those low-cost airlines (thin Ryan Air for my European friends) and they are cheap...but you pay for the air you breathe. If what we purchased is not enough, we'll just have to get drunk at the airport over there and drink the wine he wants to bring home.
Amazingly we got everything done, including folding the last load of laundry 30 minutes before leaving. Yup, I know, I'm one of those freaks that likes to have a clean home when I leave (so it's clean when I come back.
Our dear friends Kirby and Kevin came over at 3 to take us to the airport. They will drive my car back home so it doesn't have to sit in the lot for a month. Kirby and Kristi will babysit our plants while we are gone: we truly have the best friends in the neighborhood!