Friday, November 30, 2012

A day of packing

It's finally here: the day we need to start packing for our trip. My last day in the office and it feels like the hours are slipping by faster than ever. The last few days have been grueling, trying to tie up all the loose ends at the office and write random notes for everything that keeps popping up in our heads at the most inopportune moments.

Those that know me, also know that I absolutely, positively hate packing; it doesn't matter that I'm packing for vacation .. I can't stand it. And you can't pack for a month anyway, unless you really want to bring the house with you, right? Right.

So while David was pretty much done by 2 pm. The sweet soul that he is packed all his stuff, all the camping gear, cleaned the floors, all while I was tapping away furiously at my keyboard trying to stop the constant flood of emails. I finally got around the whole packing thing in the evening, and boy oh boy do we have a lot of stuff.

We said we were not going to bring the house with us, that we would take as little as possible, and I was naively thinking: we'll just take our big backpack, one extra suitcase and the cooler, that should be enough. As it turns out...the camping gear takes a lot more room than you think when you can't hang your tent and mats outside, and I swear the backpacks shrunk. Really, how can we possibly not fit everything in there?
Well, see for yourself: we look like we are moving to another country: wait! I did that, and I know I had less stuff (well, at lest for the first trip over). More packing tomorrow.